+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fedex, UPS Charge Higher Rates To Retailers As Deliveries Surge During Pandemic:

Super Moderator Old School Proud truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever Old School PROUD! truxforever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,396 Times in 1,085 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 826/2
    Given: 1,027/3

Fedex, UPS Charge Higher Rates To Retailers As Deliveries Surge During Pandemic:

Logistics companies such as FedEx and United Parcel Service have begun asking for higher rates from retailers as deliveries surge amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Both companies have raised prices in the double-digit percent range for some shippers, according to a report Wednesday from the Wall Street Journal.

“With the surge of demand for parcel shipments, it’s shifted to a carrier market,” Hannah Testani, COO of freight analytics company Intelligent Audit, told the Journal. “With such few carriers that can truly move national shipments, the carriers have almost unlimited pricing power.”

https://www.ibtimes.com/fedex-ups-ch...report-3019039

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to truxforever For This Useful Post:

Senior Senior Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class
    Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 2/0
    UPS has always nickel and dimed their customers. My wife had a ASO for UPS for around 20 years and we used to get charged for everything and the book. Always had to fight with them. Sometimes I believed it was just someone making changes to a shipment just so they would add extra charges. But I think that many of the larger shoppers never see the upcharges on the bill and just pay it. FedEX is no different. Our regular UPS driver was off for two weeks and when he returned there were five new drivers and they were working everyday. People have learned that it is much easier to shop on line then go to a brick and mortar store. The big challenge for them that I see is Amazon with their own delivery trucks. Time for the IBT to wake the he'll up.. I see ads on Facebook now for Amazon Freight..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread