+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The stimulus round two

  1. #1
    Senior Senior Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 245 Times in 166 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 2/0

    The stimulus round two

    I have been watching the markets although I have nothing invested in but my kids do.. Everytime there is positive news about the second round of stimulus the markets go up.. IMO this is why Nancy Pelozi is holding out on the stimulus.. She does not want Trump to go out and bragg about the markets just before the election.. She even went after Wolf Blitzer on CNN yesterday accusing Blitzer of being a surrogate for the Republicans.. This just shows just how bad she wants to remain in power in the house.. What she has showed me is the need for term limits..

    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...us-tsr-vpx.cnn

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazy For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Administrator Old School Proud Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,231
    Thanks
    3,145
    Thanked 11,869 Times in 3,904 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,349/22
    Given: 1,087/3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
    What she has showed me is the need for term limits..

    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...us-tsr-vpx.cnn
    And regular psychological exams... lol

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men...Samuel Adams

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Docker For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Administrator Old School Proud Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,231
    Thanks
    3,145
    Thanked 11,869 Times in 3,904 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,349/22
    Given: 1,087/3
    It looks like even CNN is getting tired of Pelosi's idiocracy...

    Nancy Pelosi's ridiculously over-the-top response to questions about the coronavirus stimulus

    (CNN) House Speaker Nancy Pelosi isn't used to being questioned about her strategic decisions. And boy did it show in a hugely contentious interview with Wolf Blitzer on Tuesday, when the CNN anchor simply pressed Pelosi on her approach to a coronavirus stimulus package deal.

    Here's how it started:

    Blitzer: Even members of your own caucus, Madam Speaker, want to accept this deal, $1.8 trillion, Congressman Ro Khanna for example. But let met just quote Ro Khanna, a man you know well. I assume you admire him. He's a Democrat.

    And he just said this. He said „People in need can't wait until February, $1.8 trillion is significant and more than twice the Obama stimulus. Make a deal, put the ball in McConnell court.”

    So what do you say to Ro Khanna?

    Pelosi: What I say to you is, I don't know why you're always an apologist. And many of your colleagues, apologists for the Republican position. Ro Khanna, that's nice. That isn't what we're going to do and nobody's waiting till February.
    It went downhill from there. Asked if she had spoken to President Donald Trump about the possibility of a coronavirus stimulus deal, Pelosi said she doesn't „speak to the President.” Pressed on why not -- given the suffering of people in desperate need of a stimulus deal to keep their business open or pay their bills -- Pelosi responded this way: „What makes me amused if it weren't so sad, is how you all think that you know more about the suffering of the American people than those of us who are elected by them to represent them at that table.”

    Uh, OK.

    Pelosi wasn't done. „Let me say this with all due respect, with all due respect, and you know we've known each other a long time, you really don't know what you're talking about,” she said as Blitzer continued to ask why the $1.8 trillion deal proposed by the White House wasn't good enough.

    And she ended the interview with snark -- telling Blitzer, „Thank you for sensitivity to our constituents' needs” and then when he responded that he was aware of their needs because 'I see them on the street begging for food, begging for money, „the Speaker of the House said this:” Have you fed them? We feed them, we feed them."

    On the whole, it was a decidedly embarrassing performance by the Speaker of the House. And I'll note here that I believe Pelosi to be the best congressional strategist of her generation -- bar none.

    But this was a disaster.

    Pelosi's position in the interview appeared to be that Blitzer wasn't allowed to ask her any questions about her unwillingness to accept the White House's latest stimulus deal because, uh, he wasn't the one negotiating it? And that by asking basic questions -- like why she continues to hold out for what she believes to be a better deal and whether she has spoken with Trump -- that Blitzer was an „apologist” for Republicans. Say what?

    What about the prominent Democrats Blitzer cited who have been pushing -- publicly and privately -- Pelosi to make a deal? Well, according to Pelosi they don't matter either because they aren't the ones negotiating it. (Sidebar: I am sure Pelosi's California colleague -- Ro Khanna -- appreciated her condescending „that's nice” comment about his support for a deal.)

    This was all bad from Pelosi. Why? Maybe because she feels the pressure from her colleagues to find a way to „yes” on the stimulus package amid increasing signs that the economy badly needs another shot in the arm. Maybe some other unknown reason. Or no reason at all.

    But the point is this: If you are the Speaker of the House and agree to an interview in the midst of a contentious debate over a coronavirus stimulus package three weeks before a presidential election, you can't act surprised -- or outraged -- when you get asked about the coronavirus stimulus package and whether or not you've spoken to the President of the United States about it.

    Those are not Republican apologist questions. They are fair ones. And ones that Pelosi should have been prepared to answer rather than snark at Blitzer and act as though he was doing something untoward.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/polit...lus/index.html
    Pelosi's position in the interview appeared to be that Blitzer wasn't allowed to ask her any questions about her unwillingness to accept the White House's latest stimulus deal because, uh, he wasn't the one negotiating it? And that by asking basic questions -- like why she continues to hold out for what she believes to be a better deal and whether she has spoken with Trump -- that Blitzer was an „apologist” for Republicans. Say what?
    How surprising... lol

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men...Samuel Adams

  6. #4
    Senior Senior Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 245 Times in 166 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 2/0
    Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    And regular psychological exams... lol
    IMO they couldn't give her one fast enough.. I always knew she was a wee bit nutty but after calling Wolf Blitzer a hack for the GOP, I do think she fell off the cliff..

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Administrator Old School Proud Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,231
    Thanks
    3,145
    Thanked 11,869 Times in 3,904 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,349/22
    Given: 1,087/3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
    IMO they couldn't give her one fast enough.. I always knew she was a wee bit nutty but after calling Wolf Blitzer a hack for the GOP, I do think she fell off the cliff..
    I can just picture her after the interview running around crying foul screaming how she was set up again... lol


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men...Samuel Adams

  9. #6
    Administrator Old School Proud Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,231
    Thanks
    3,145
    Thanked 11,869 Times in 3,904 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,349/22
    Given: 1,087/3

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men...Samuel Adams

  10. #7
    Grade school Grade School trailblazer
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Moscow Mitch is the whole holdup.. He holds the cards and he doesn't want the people to get any money unless it directly affects him and those who elected him.. Like he fixed the pensions of the mine workers but refuses to fix the rest of the pension problems created by Republicans

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #8
    Administrator Old School Proud Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,231
    Thanks
    3,145
    Thanked 11,869 Times in 3,904 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,349/22
    Given: 1,087/3
    Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer View Post
    Moscow Mitch is the whole holdup.. He holds the cards and he doesn't want the people to get any money unless it directly affects him and those who elected him.. Like he fixed the pensions of the mine workers but refuses to fix the rest of the pension problems created by Republicans
    No argument there... except for the fact that the majority of the democratic leaders don't give a rat's ass about your pension either and if you believe that they do... you're delusional. You're also delusional if you think that the Butch Lewis act will get passed if Biden get's elected... just like the Teamster who asked my friend who the IBT was endorsing this year because he wants the Butch Lewis act passed. So you tell me... was that Teamster actually delusional or just trying to manipulate my friend's vote? You know... like what you are doing here with this post.

    And just to let you know... even though I think Mitch is a POS... I will be voting for him for the simple reason of keeping the republican majority of the senate because we all know that if Trump were to get re-elected he would be readily impeached if the democrats got the majority... after all... recent history has clearly shown that. Tell me... how does that make you feel?

    Just asking because I often wondered if this expression had any validity to it... 'To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth.”

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men...Samuel Adams

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Docker For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Super Moderator Old School Proud GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,954
    Thanks
    3,732
    Thanked 3,053 Times in 998 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 237/0
    Given: 121/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    No argument there... except for the fact that the majority of the democratic leaders don't give a rat's ass about your pension either and if you believe that they do... you're delusional. You're also delusional if you think that the Butch Lewis act will get passed if Biden get's elected... just like the Teamster who asked my friend who the IBT was endorsing this year because he wants the Butch Lewis act passed. So you tell me... was that Teamster actually delusional or just trying to manipulate my friend's vote? You know... like what you are doing here with this post.

    And just to let you know... even though I think Mitch is a POS... I will be voting for him for the simple reason of keeping the republican majority of the senate because we all know that if Trump were to get re-elected he would be readily impeached if the democrats got the majority... after all... recent history has clearly shown that. Tell me... how does that make you feel?

    Just asking because I often wondered if this expression had any validity to it... 'To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth.”
    Biden had hid chance to help the unions when he was vice president and nothing got done, all they did was take the union's contributions. Now you have a republican President who saved thousands of union jobs by giving yrc a $700 million dollar loan and what happens next? Hoffa kicks them in the balls by backing Biden... wtf

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GO40 For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Senior Senior Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class Crazy Old School Junior Class
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 245 Times in 166 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 2/0
    Quote Originally Posted by GO40 View Post
    Biden had hid chance to help the unions when he was vice president and nothing got done, all they did was take the union's contributions. Now you have a republican President who saved thousands of union jobs by giving yrc a $700 million dollar loan and what happens next? Hoffa kicks them in the balls by backing Biden... wtf
    I think you nailed it.. You think Biden would have bailed out YRC?? Hoffa Jr destroyed everything his father built.. He is nothing more than a private politician..

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazy For This Useful Post:


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts