+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lone Steeler stood on field for anthem as rest of team stayed in locker room

Teamster Old School Proud Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD!
    Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 21/0
    Given: 45/0
    Great posts Docker!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inigo Montoya For This Useful Post:

Administrator Old School Proud Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,395 Times in 3,014 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,290/21
    Given: 1,080/3
    Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    Great posts Docker!
    Thanks Inigo... I just never will understand the liberal mindset. I just wish someone would explain to me why it is that they think it's Ok for them to exercise their 1st Amendment Right and no one else. And why the NFL went all apeshit when Trump decided to put his two cents in on the subject. I guees I just didn't realize that your opinions will no longer be tolerated when you become President.

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men...Samuel Adams

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Docker For This Useful Post:

Teamster Old School Proud Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD! Inigo Montoya Old School PROUD!
    Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    Thanks Inigo... I just never will understand the liberal mindset. I just wish someone would explain to me why it is that they think it's Ok for them to exercise their 1st Amendment Right and no one else. And why the NFL went all apeshit when Trump decided to put his two cents in on the subject. I guees I just didn't realize that your opinions will no longer be tolerated when you become President.
    It is a way for those who oppose him to try and discredit him and create dissension among his supporters. That is why they have spent countless hours since the election to try and paint him as crazy and unstable.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inigo Montoya For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    This is a quote from former Air Force pilot and ex Dallas Cowboy Chad Hennings.

„My thoughts are it's extremely unfortunate that the events have come out the way that they have,” Hennings said. "I totally believe the league, the owners and the players have been played as pawns on both sides of the political fence to continue to divide an already divided nation.

"Who is making out more on this? It's the political parties, not the people who want to watch sports and athletics as an escape, to cheer on their team and to not deal with what they are inundated with on social media day in and day out.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inigo Montoya For This Useful Post:

Administrator Old School Proud Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker Old School PROUD! Docker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    This is a quote from former Air Force pilot and ex Dallas Cowboy Chad Hennings.

„My thoughts are it's extremely unfortunate that the events have come out the way that they have,” Hennings said. "I totally believe the league, the owners and the players have been played as pawns on both sides of the political fence to continue to divide an already divided nation.

"Who is making out more on this? It's the political parties, not the people who want to watch sports and athletics as an escape, to cheer on their team and to not deal with what they are inundated with on social media day in and day out.
    He hit the nail right on the head with those statements Inigo. And that's what hurts the most... seeing the Steelers allowing themselves to be caught up in all this political BS... and used as nothing but foolish pawns because that's one thing that I thought would never happen... not by Rooney and gang knowing what that team represents to the Pittsburgh natives. I thought that Junior coming out and making that statement about the Teamsters being Obama's army was completely unacceptable because I have a mind of my own and just who in the hell is he to make a statement about where we all stand on any issue... that's a plain slap on the face to any self respected Teamster because it implies that we are all compliant and nothing but pawns who can't think for ourselves. Nobody tells me where to stand on any issue! And that's exactly what statement the Steelers franchise made for the whole city of Pittsburgh and it's fans Sunday.

PITTSBURGH — Since the 1970s, nothing has more defined the identity of this city than its scrappy hometown football team. The Steelers rose at the same time the city’s economy sunk, becoming a symbol of underdog hope

They still had their Steelers even though the factories, mills and coal mines shuttered. They still had their Steelers as families were ripped apart, children forced to move away in search of opportunity.

'We bleed black and gold here,” said Sean Parnell, a Pittsburgh native and former U. S. Army airborne ranger who served in the legendary 10th Mountain Division for six years, retiring as a captain.

'The Steelers are who we looked to as an example of achievement in the face of adversity, they were the ones who brought families and friends together every Sunday. They symbolized all that is good in us and it is hard to imagine a city in this country whose heart and soul is not more identified with their team than Pittsburghers are with the Steelers,” he said of what is affectionately called “Steeler Nation.”

But after the Steelers decision to not participate in the National Anthem last Sunday, Parnell is not so sure about the strength of that nation.

'As a Pittsburgher, the team abstaining from taking the field during the national anthem was crushing to me for a few reasons; I come from a family that is Pittsburgh through and through — three generations. My grandfather worked as an usher at Forbes Field, Three Rivers and PNC Park. Loyalty to Pittsburgh sports, well it is not just a hobby and we aren’t simply fans. It’s a way of life around these parts. We hold our athletes and owners to a high standard. And on Sunday, the Pittsburgh Steelers failed to meet that standard. And not just one or two players, but the entire franchise, from owner on down.”

On Monday, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wrote on his personal website that he was unable to sleep Sunday night after the game, not because they lost, but because he regretted not joining Villanueva on the field.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/25/a-littl...feel-betrayed/
    On Monday, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wrote on his personal website that he was unable to sleep Sunday night after the game, not because they lost, but because he regretted not joining Villanueva on the field.
    And this coming from a man that's supposed to be a team leader... just how sad is that?

'Fear is temporary... regret is forever'

And talking about sad...

After it was explained to me... that says it all right there!!! Someone had enough influence to actually convince the man of this rhetoric.

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men...Samuel Adams

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Docker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    And for all those that are trying to convince themselves and others that this isn't about the NFL's blatant disrespect for the flag and country... it's all in black and white in the NFL's own rules which you can be sure was carefully read beforehand...

Is there an NFL rule against kneeling during the anthem?

This notion gained attention on social media in the wake of Trump’s comments and the NFL’s reaction. One version we came across said the anthem „must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem,” standing, facing the flag, helmets in left hands.

This language does not appear in the NFL Rule Book, as the post indicates. However, it is apparently included in a separate document called the „game operations manual.” This document is not online, so we can’t review it first-hand, but McCarthy, the NFL spokesman, said it is distributed by the league to all of its member teams.

While text circulating on social media would seem to suggest there will be consequences for protesting during the anthem, there is discretion involved -- and the NFL has repeatedly stated that it will not punish players for taking a knee during the anthem.

McCarthy told PolitiFact that „players are strongly encouraged, but not required, to stand during the national anthem.” He has used essentially the same language in previous statements going back to 2016.

Another NFL spokesman, Joe Lockhart, said during a conference call with reporters on Sept. 25 that „there will be no discipline handed down this week.” He added, 'We also believe our players have a right to express themselves."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...em-and-sports/
    You're damn right... the players do have that right to express themselves but let's leave no doubt in anyone's mind in knowing just what is being expressed in those protests... and that is... the blatant disrespect for the flag and country. After all... the rules state...'it should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country'. So the NFL... players and coaches knew exactly what they were expressing in those protests and there's no one that will ever convince me otherwise... and if you read the rules... you will also find that explanation about the Steelers trying to say that they were not protesting now is hogwash too!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Docker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down

Thank you Art... now adding insult to injury by insulting the intelligence of all the upset fans!!! If you want true damage control... how about the truth? You were the ones that allowed yourselves to get all wrapped up in this political BS and to be made as fools... so don't try and tell us now that it wasn't your intention to disrespect flag and country! You chose to play along... not stay out!!! If you really wanted to stay out... it would of been business as usual on Sunday and the Steelers definitely wouldn't have made that pre-statement before the game even started... so...

KISS MY ASS Art!!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Docker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Muler View Post
    And yet not one protest this type of action.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...07-column.html
    Shhhh... you're not supposed to be bring stuff like this up Muler. The media goes to great lengths to avoid facts such as these. It doesn't fit into the divide and conquer agenda.

What exactly are the NFL divas protesting?

What exactly are these pampered, millionaire NFL players protesting? We’ve heard everything from police brutality to racism of “whites killing blacks.” There’s only one problem with these arrogant pampered players excuse though. The percentage of whites killing blacks is near an all-tie low in this and pales in comparison to black and black killings or even black on white killings. Hell, the number is even lower than whites killing of other whites! But the media wouldn’t tell you that.

Now lets clear something up right now. Are there still racist individuals in this country? Of course are there. Are a small percentage of whites racists against black? Yes. Are there some bad apples among the various police forces that may target blacks because of their skin color? Probably.

But it’s a two way street. Are there black racists who target whites? Yes. Are there black supremacists just like there are white supremacists? You bet your ass there are. But you never hear this side from the media or other liberal blacks. According to them it’s a one way street, not a two street.

http://www.pacificpundit.com/2017/09...as-protesting/
    People have been at war with themselves since the dawn of time and it's sad to say... that's a fact and doesn't stand a chance in hell of ever changing!!! The question to ask yourself is why?

Thanks
    Thumbs Up/Down

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Docker For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator Old School Proud GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,133 Times in 625 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 212/0
    Given: 120/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    Shhhh... you're not supposed to be bring stuff like this up Muler. The media goes to great lengths to avoid facts such as these. It doesn't fit into the divide and conquer agenda.

People have been at war with themselves since the dawn of time and it's sad to say... that's a fact and doesn't stand a chance in hell of ever changing!!! The question to ask yourself is why?
    Most did not even have a clue of what they were protesting until the president called them out...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GO40 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast