+ Reply to Thread

Thread: YRC California Driver Class Action Lawsuit

Administrator Old School Proud Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn Old School PROUD! Papajohn's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 566 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 664/1
    Given: 1,725/1

YRC California Driver Class Action Lawsuit

Current or Former YRC Freight Drivers Ė Ė

Donít let the company get away with stealing your hard earned wages

Do you know about the YRC Freight driver Class Action Lawsuit?

Are you a current or former driver for YRC? Are you tired of YRCís unrealistic routing that forces drivers to skip meal breaks and rest breaks? Are you tired of YRC deducting a half hourís pay for a meal period when you were actually working? Did you know that for most drivers, each pay period YRC pays them with an illegal paycheck?

If you are a former YRC driver did you know that you are probably entitled to 30 days of waiting time penalties because YRC didnít timely pay you all your
    wage at time of termination?

We are talking about serious money

Wage theft is wrong. Donít miss your opportunity to not let the company get away with stealing your hard earned wages.

YRC California Class Action Lawsuit

According to class action lawsuit that we have filed, YRCís California drivers are having their wages stolen from them by the company. Make no mistake about it: we are talking wage theft in the YRC California Driver Class Action lawsuit. If you are a driver for YRC in California, this all probably sounds very familiar to you.

Accordingto recent statistics YRC Freight is one of the top 10 trucking companies in size in regards to the number of drivers. Maybe even top 5.

According to YRCís website, YRC is one of the leaders in LTL. YRC Freight is a subsidiary of YRC Worldwide, Inc. Other YRC Worldwide subsidiaries include YRC
    Reimer, Reddaway, Holland, and New Penn. That is all probably true.

What else is true is that the only way that YRC makes millions of dollars every year is because of YRC drivers like you. You know firsthand, YRC drivers work hard. You donít deserve to have your wages stolen from you by the company. This lawsuit is your way to make sure that you donít allow YRC to get away with stealing your hard earned wages.

What are we talking about?

California has some of the strictest wage laws in the United States. There was a recent California Supreme Court case Ė Brinker vs. Superior Court that I use all the time to win these cases. The Brinker case lays out the duties a company like YRC has to provide drivers meal periods and rest periods.

I know the Brinker case very well because I was the lawyer for the workers in the Brinker case. Time and again my law firm and I use the Brinker case to win California driver class action cases. Now we are using the Brinker case to help YRC drivers.

What is this case about?

According to the lawsuit allegations and/or our investigation, YRC pressures drivers with unrealistic routes. This results in YRC drivers working during meal periods and not taking rest periods.

When a company encourages workers to work while they are clocked out, this is wage theft. When this happens drivers are owed for the time that they work.

When drivers donít get meal periods and rest periods based upon the company policy, we are usually talking being owed an hourís pay for every time one was missed. This really adds up.

We are also talking about wage stub violations and waiting time penalties. Drivers could be entitled to a substantial sum of money.

We filed this case as a class action lawsuit.

What can I do to be part of the YRC Class Action Lawsuit?

In order to make sure you are
    covered by these YRC class action lawsuit, you need to contact us. Make sure that you get back the money that YRC took from you. Be sure you fill out the form at the bottom of this page so you can make sure your rights are protected.

This case is based on the Brinker Supreme Court case

This case is based on a 2012 California Supreme Court case Ė Ė Brinker vs. Superior Court. Many people say that the Brinker case is the most important California Supreme Court wage and hour case in years (if not ever).

In
    theBrinkercase the California Supreme Court laid out the duties that California companies have to provide meal periods and rest periods to workers.

I often use the Brinker case
    to help win cases like this. I know the Brinker case very well because I represented the workers in the Brinker case.

An hourís pay for every meal period and rest break that the company did not provide to you under the law

Under California law, under many
    circumstances, when the company fails to provide a meal period or rest period Ė you are owed an hourís pay. Thus, the case is about collecting an hourís pay for you and other workers for missed meal periods and rest breaks.

This can really add up over a month, much less a year.

Half hourís pay for lunch breaks that you worked during

In addition, when the company deducts a half hourís pay when you didnít actually get a legally compliant meal period Ė then you are entitled to get paid the half hourís wage that was illegally deducted.

30 dayís pay for waiting time penalties

When you are not paid all the wages owed to you at the time of termination under California law Ė you are entitled to 30 dayís pay.
    For many workers this can easily exceed $6,000 or more.

Paycheck stub violations

Under California law, when the employer omits wage information on paycheck stubs, employees can receive up to $4,000forpay check stub violations.

PAGA penalties can really add up fast

Under the Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) laws, you may be entitled to up to $100 every pay period for each separate violation that we are talking about here. What you are going to see is that these PAGA penalties can really add up fast.

The bottom line (the wages owed to you can add up fast)

All of these Labor Code violations and California Wage Order violations can all add up really fast. I call it the joy of math. Not that it is a joy to have the company steal your wages. The joy comes from using a class action to get your and your co-employees stolen wages back.

Believe it or not, I am known for being straight-up. I always tell folks that nothing in life is guaranteed other than death and taxes. I call the company lawyers, ďThe Devilsí Advocate.Ē Based on what I see every day, the company lawyers will come up with a couple of dozen or so reasons why this case shouldnít be certified and/or won. This is a guarantee. While I like this case Ė I (nor any other lawyer) canít guarantee you any particular result.

While every case is different and success on past cases doesnít guarantee success in any other case, our firm has a long track record of success in cases similar to this case.

You donít have to pay any money out of pocket for and you donít have to pay any money for you to be part of the YRC Class Action lawsuit

You should also know that you donít have to pay anything out of pocket in order to bring this case. My firm covers the entire out of pocket costs and we only get paid if we win. Since this case is being brought as a class action, if we are successful the court will determine our attorney fees, if any.

Not all lawyers are alike

Lawyershavefar different expertise and experience in handling different legal matters. I am only telling you all of this so you know that we have the experience, resources, and skill to handle this case.

My name is Bill Turley. I represent more truck drivers,delivery drivers
    and Teamsters than any lawyer in California. I represent so many California drivers in wage and hour class actions that some folks believe that I currently represent more truck drivers, delivery drivers, and Teamsters than any lawyer in America.

I am not telling you all this to brag, but to let you know that we have the skill and resources needed to prevail in the YRC class action lawsuit.

Our office specializes in wage and hour class action cases. There are few, if any, lawyers in California that know more about similar cases than our law firm.

I recently testified before the California State Senate on wage and hour issues. I was the only class action lawyer invited to testify. Besides being known as the leading expert on this area of the law in California, one of the reasons why I am asked to testify is because I am known for being straight-forward and blunt. I am known for being no B. S., no lawyer-talk, no double-talk. I recently worked with the United States Senate Commerce Committee on potential wage legislation affecting drivers.

I have been awarded the Superlawyer award for the last six years. I have the highest Avvo. com lawyer rating. I was elected President of the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego. I have a State-wide practice. While our main office is in San Diego, we have offices in Los Angeles,
    SanFrancisco, Oakland, and Bakersfield. We also anticipate opening an office in the Inland Empire this year.

I wrote the book California Truck and Delivery Driver Wage Theft: The Ultimate Straight Talk Guide To Getting Your Hard Earned Wages Back. When you
    provide us your contact information, we will also send you a free copy of my book.

WageTheftBook3D

Putting aside all the awards and such Ė I think what really sets me apart is that I take all of this to heart. My Dad was a driver. I understand what it is like for a family to struggle because of wage theft. When the company lawyer says that I take your case personally, itís because I do.

Donít Miss Out

Make sure that you donít miss out on this opportunity to make sure that YRC doesnít get away with taking your money. In order to make sure that you are part of the YRC Class Action lawsuit be sure to fill out the form at the bottom of this page. We will make sure that you donít miss out. Also, be sure to give us your address so we can send you a free copy of my book Ė California Truck and Delivery Driver Wage Theft: The Ultimate Straight Talk Guide To Getting Your Hard Earned Wages Back.

You should also know, if you are a current YRC employee, you can contact us confidentially. Under the strict rules in California Ė all communications with a lawyer can be kept confidential.

http://yrcclassaction.com/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU WANT, THEN DON'T CRY FOR WHAT YOU LOST!!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Papajohn For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator Old School Proud GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40 Old School PROUD! GO40's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,349 Times in 700 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 120/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajohn View Post

http://yrcclassaction.com/wp-content...uck-Driver.jpg

Current or Former YRC Freight Drivers – –

Don’t let the company get away with stealing your hard earned wages

Do you know about the YRC Freight driver Class Action Lawsuit?

Are you a current or former driver for YRC? Are you tired of YRC’s unrealistic routing that forces drivers to skip meal breaks and rest breaks? Are you tired of YRC deducting a half hour’s pay for a meal period when you were actually working? Did you know that for most drivers, each pay period YRC pays them with an illegal paycheck?

If you are a former YRC driver did you know that you are probably entitled to 30 days of waiting time penalties because YRC didn’t timely pay you all your
    wage at time of termination?

We are talking about serious money

Wage theft is wrong. Don’t miss your opportunity to not let the company get away with stealing your hard earned wages.

YRC California Class Action Lawsuit

According to class action lawsuit that we have filed, YRC’s California drivers are having their wages stolen from them by the company. Make no mistake about it: we are talking wage theft in the YRC California Driver Class Action lawsuit. If you are a driver for YRC in California, this all probably sounds very familiar to you.

Accordingto recent statistics YRC Freight is one of the top 10 trucking companies in size in regards to the number of drivers. Maybe even top 5.

According to YRC’s website, YRC is one of the leaders in LTL. YRC Freight is a subsidiary of YRC Worldwide, Inc. Other YRC Worldwide subsidiaries include YRC
    Reimer, Reddaway, Holland, and New Penn. That is all probably true.

What else is true is that the only way that YRC makes millions of dollars every year is because of YRC drivers like you. You know firsthand, YRC drivers work hard. You don’t deserve to have your wages stolen from you by the company. This lawsuit is your way to make sure that you don’t allow YRC to get away with stealing your hard earned wages.

What are we talking about?

California has some of the strictest wage laws in the United States. There was a recent California Supreme Court case – Brinker vs. Superior Court that I use all the time to win these cases. The Brinker case lays out the duties a company like YRC has to provide drivers meal periods and rest periods.

I know the Brinker case very well because I was the lawyer for the workers in the Brinker case. Time and again my law firm and I use the Brinker case to win California driver class action cases. Now we are using the Brinker case to help YRC drivers.

What is this case about?

According to the lawsuit allegations and/or our investigation, YRC pressures drivers with unrealistic routes. This results in YRC drivers working during meal periods and not taking rest periods.

When a company encourages workers to work while they are clocked out, this is wage theft. When this happens drivers are owed for the time that they work.

When drivers don’t get meal periods and rest periods based upon the company policy, we are usually talking being owed an hour’s pay for every time one was missed. This really adds up.

We are also talking about wage stub violations and waiting time penalties. Drivers could be entitled to a substantial sum of money.

We filed this case as a class action lawsuit.

What can I do to be part of the YRC Class Action Lawsuit?

In order to make sure you are
    covered by these YRC class action lawsuit, you need to contact us. Make sure that you get back the money that YRC took from you. Be sure you fill out the form at the bottom of this page so you can make sure your rights are protected.

This case is based on the Brinker Supreme Court case

This case is based on a 2012 California Supreme Court case – – Brinker vs. Superior Court. Many people say that the Brinker case is the most important California Supreme Court wage and hour case in years (if not ever).

In
    theBrinkercase the California Supreme Court laid out the duties that California companies have to provide meal periods and rest periods to workers.

I often use the Brinker case
    to help win cases like this. I know the Brinker case very well because I represented the workers in the Brinker case.

An hour’s pay for every meal period and rest break that the company did not provide to you under the law

Under California law, under many
    circumstances, when the company fails to provide a meal period or rest period – you are owed an hour’s pay. Thus, the case is about collecting an hour’s pay for you and other workers for missed meal periods and rest breaks.

This can really add up over a month, much less a year.

Half hour’s pay for lunch breaks that you worked during

In addition, when the company deducts a half hour’s pay when you didn’t actually get a legally compliant meal period – then you are entitled to get paid the half hour’s wage that was illegally deducted.

30 day’s pay for waiting time penalties

When you are not paid all the wages owed to you at the time of termination under California law – you are entitled to 30 day’s pay.
    For many workers this can easily exceed $6,000 or more.

Paycheck stub violations

Under California law, when the employer omits wage information on paycheck stubs, employees can receive up to $4,000forpay check stub violations.

PAGA penalties can really add up fast

Under the Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) laws, you may be entitled to up to $100 every pay period for each separate violation that we are talking about here. What you are going to see is that these PAGA penalties can really add up fast.

The bottom line (the wages owed to you can add up fast)

All of these Labor Code violations and California Wage Order violations can all add up really fast. I call it the joy of math. Not that it is a joy to have the company steal your wages. The joy comes from using a class action to get your and your co-employees stolen wages back.

Believe it or not, I am known for being straight-up. I always tell folks that nothing in life is guaranteed other than death and taxes. I call the company lawyers, “The Devils’ Advocate.” Based on what I see every day, the company lawyers will come up with a couple of dozen or so reasons why this case shouldn’t be certified and/or won. This is a guarantee. While I like this case – I (nor any other lawyer) can’t guarantee you any particular result.

While every case is different and success on past cases doesn’t guarantee success in any other case, our firm has a long track record of success in cases similar to this case.

You don’t have to pay any money out of pocket for and you don’t have to pay any money for you to be part of the YRC Class Action lawsuit

You should also know that you don’t have to pay anything out of pocket in order to bring this case. My firm covers the entire out of pocket costs and we only get paid if we win. Since this case is being brought as a class action, if we are successful the court will determine our attorney fees, if any.

Not all lawyers are alike

Lawyershavefar different expertise and experience in handling different legal matters. I am only telling you all of this so you know that we have the experience, resources, and skill to handle this case.

My name is Bill Turley. I represent more truck drivers,delivery drivers
    and Teamsters than any lawyer in California. I represent so many California drivers in wage and hour class actions that some folks believe that I currently represent more truck drivers, delivery drivers, and Teamsters than any lawyer in America.

I am not telling you all this to brag, but to let you know that we have the skill and resources needed to prevail in the YRC class action lawsuit.

Our office specializes in wage and hour class action cases. There are few, if any, lawyers in California that know more about similar cases than our law firm.

I recently testified before the California State Senate on wage and hour issues. I was the only class action lawyer invited to testify. Besides being known as the leading expert on this area of the law in California, one of the reasons why I am asked to testify is because I am known for being straight-forward and blunt. I am known for being no B. S., no lawyer-talk, no double-talk. I recently worked with the United States Senate Commerce Committee on potential wage legislation affecting drivers.

I have been awarded the Superlawyer award for the last six years. I have the highest Avvo. com lawyer rating. I was elected President of the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego. I have a State-wide practice. While our main office is in San Diego, we have offices in Los Angeles,
    SanFrancisco, Oakland, and Bakersfield. We also anticipate opening an office in the Inland Empire this year.

I wrote the book California Truck and Delivery Driver Wage Theft: The Ultimate Straight Talk Guide To Getting Your Hard Earned Wages Back. When you
    provide us your contact information, we will also send you a free copy of my book.

WageTheftBook3D

Putting aside all the awards and such – I think what really sets me apart is that I take all of this to heart. My Dad was a driver. I understand what it is like for a family to struggle because of wage theft. When the company lawyer says that I take your case personally, it’s because I do.

Don’t Miss Out

Make sure that you don’t miss out on this opportunity to make sure that YRC doesn’t get away with taking your money. In order to make sure that you are part of the YRC Class Action lawsuit be sure to fill out the form at the bottom of this page. We will make sure that you don’t miss out. Also, be sure to give us your address so we can send you a free copy of my book – California Truck and Delivery Driver Wage Theft: The Ultimate Straight Talk Guide To Getting Your Hard Earned Wages Back.

You should also know, if you are a current YRC employee, you can contact us confidentially. Under the strict rules in California – all communications with a lawyer can be kept confidential.

http://yrcclassaction.com/
    Im guessing those involved in the lawsuit are not members of the other board...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GO40 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread